APRA is solely dedicated to:
– fighting for safe, fair, transparent, affordable, health care
– finding solutions to preventable patient harm and high healthcare costs.
- acts as a watchdog, publicly exposing medical practices, procedures, goods and costs that place patients at needless risk of harm
- provides information, tools and resources that can empower consumers to protect themselves and their families from preventable harm by our medical, health insurance and pharmaceutical industries
- provides information and tools that can help if a patient experiences preventable harm, either physical or financial
- provides information on how to successfully resolve issues with hospitals, doctors, insurers, nursing homes, etc.
- develops demand side solutions to reduce preventable patient harm
- represents patients with respect to public healthcare matters
- promotes communications and dialogues between medical providers, facilities and the communities they serve to improve patient safety and reduce healthcare costs
- supports medical facilities, doctors, nurses and others who are taking action to improve patient safety or reduce medical costs to patients
- celebrates and honors those individuals, organizations and institutions making health care safer, more fair or transparent
APRA also provides:
- a platform by which people can learn about and discuss medical issues and experiences
- a voice for patients in our fight for safe, fair, affordable, transparent health care
Our website is an aggregator and purveyor of news and information pertinent to our mission, using the most respected sources to bring news and information on safety, fairness and transparency in healthcare to our members and visitors.
Programs in Operation or Under Development
APRA PATIENT SAFETY GUIDE
A handy guide which provides patients with the means to protect themselves against many preventable medical errors.
APRA COALITION FOR PATIENT SAFETY
APRA supports active patient safety advocates through our Coalition for Patient Safety. For further information contact us.
APRA SAFE PATIENT PROJECT (Under Development)
Community and business organization initiatives designed to inform and educate people about how to protect themselves from preventable harm. Hospital initatives designed to improve patient safety with the goal of reducing the number of preventable injuries and deaths.
Communities and Businesses
This program promotes and facilitates dialogues with communities and businesses about hospital patient safety . The purpose is to reduce preventable patient harm by raising awareness and educating people about how to protect themselves from preventable harm while in a hospital. For further information contact us.
APRA partners with hospitals to reduce the number of deaths due to preventable medical errors by identifying and facilitating implementation of best practices to achieve a transformation in patient safety and fair medical treatment. For further information contact us.
We need your support to be able to offer programs such as these. Please give a gift today. Any amount will do. You may also show your support for our cause by registering at no charge. > REGISTER NOW