AMERICAN PATIENT RIGHTS ASSOCIATION
APRA is an independent, nonprofit consumer organization of people for fair, safe, transparent and ethical health care, who are no longer willing to accept a medical system that:
- allows fees to be hidden and estimates of out-of-pocket expenses to be denied
- allows hospitals to charge $100 for an aspirin
- allows pharmaceutical manufacturers to increase the cost of a medication by 5000%
- allows health insurers to deny life-saving medical treatment
- allows health insurers to refuse to pay for necessary prescribed medications
- won't revoke the licence of dangerous doctors
- won't accept medical error as a cause of death
- allows surgeons to operate on two people at the same time without their knowledge or consent
- allows a hospital inspection organization to be paid by the facilities it inspects
- isn't transparent
APRA was established to provide a voice for consumers in our healthcare system, to create a movement for fair, safe, transparent health care and to provide a resource for people who wish to protect themselves and their family from preventable physical and financial harm when they seek medical care.
To provide the leadership, education and advocacy for the right of healthcare consumers to receive safe, fair and transparent medical services and goods.
Medical care for all that is free of preventable harm.
APRA reflects the desire to close the gap between the health care we have and the health care we deserve by fighting the runaway corporate greed which too often denies patients fair and safe treatment, or any treatment at all, causing preventable harm to so many and to our country.
Patients Before Profit ™ | Patient Power ™ | Treat Patients Safely ™
APRA was founded and is run by patients. APRA's mission is to fight for fair, safe, transparent health care.
APRA is proudly independent and serves only the interests of the American public. APRA is not owned, operated or influenced by any medical, hospital, pharmaceutical, health insurance or governmental organization, association or department.
Help us to keep APRA free from the special interests that would prevent our organization from succeeding in it's mission to fight for an ethical, less expensive, safer and transparent healthcare system by registering today.
PROGRAMS IN DEVELOPMENT
The APRA Safe Patient Project is comprised of community and hospital initiatives designed to inform and educate people about how to protect themselves from preventable harm when undergoing medical treatment in a hospital or other medical facility and to motivate hospitals and other medical facilities to improve their patient safety with the goal of reducing the number of preventable injuries and deaths.
American Patient Rights Association, Inc. is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.